Whenever we hear of Stroke although it is uncommon, its an illness that does not require ongoing care such as diabetes, sarcoidosis, or a muscular dystrophy type of illness’. We often think in the back of our minds ‘surely not me’. But many factors contribute to chronic illnesses- some controllable and others completely out of our hands.
In this episode, Erica Lynn is joined by attorney and pastor Rodrick Green whose wife suffered from a stroke. We also have Regena Dooley, a former Human Resource Recruiter for a Major Auto Manufacturer and now the CEO of Community Stroke Consultants, Inc. Her near-fatal stroke rendered her unable to walk, talk, and the temporary loss of the usage of her right hand and right leg.
Stroke is the result of the blockage of arteries that provide blood flow to certain parts of the brain. The most common type of stroke is an acute Ischemic Attack. When the brain is deprived of oxygen (carried in the blood) blood cells die at the rate of 30,000 per second. Thus affecting those areas of the brain that affects motor control, speech ability, and often times cognitive recognition’s.
So, get ready to learn about the major symptoms of stroke using the FAST method (face, arm, speech, time), the steps you can take to prevent it from happening to you, and the importance of living an overall healthy lifestyle.
Remember that suffering from a stroke no matter how massive is not a death sentence- Regena’s story is the inspiring proof. She explains why she took on the mission of creating stroke awareness with her organization Community Stroke Consultants, Inc to ensure others don’t go through what she went through.
“No matter how bad things are or how bad things look, we always have hope and not just empty hope, but it’s a hope in Christ.”- Rodrick Green
What You Will Learn from This Episode:
- Regena narrates the signs and symptoms she experienced before getting a stroke.
- A stroke caused by veins constriction and the difference between a heart attack and a stroke.
- Having hope in the healing power of our king Jesus over all others
- The causes of stroke and why it can happen to anyone
- The preventive measures you need to take to avoid getting a stroke
- How to recover from a massive stroke- lessons from Rodrick’s wife and Regina
- The reasons why stroke is prevalent in the African American community
- Taking the next step to the next level of becoming the best version of yourself
- The major symptoms of stroke that should prompt immediate medical action (the FAST method)
- The difference between our lifestyle and that of our ancestors and why we should live healthier
- The power of prayer in healing and overcoming a major life hurdle
- Having hope in Christ- the weapon you have over others as a believer
- How to be prepared for the inevitable of caring or being cared for (be proactive, not reactive)
Contact Regena: communitystrokeconsultants.org
Contact Rodrick: www.washbar.org/members/rodrick-green/
It would be my pleasure to guide you to achieve the results you desire or the life you imagine in our transformation together. Let’s continue the conversation…
To learn and grow to your highest potential sign up for your free consultation here.