Changing my outcome and becoming a social worker
All to often the pain of the past has prevented many of you from moving forward as an adult. My guest Shakoya Green knows all to well how the system can be a deterrent from putting the pieces of your life together and fighting for your future. Sometimes certain things in life has to be done in order to connect the the dots.
In this episode Erica Lynn is joined by Shakoya Green M.A, M.S.W, a successful social worker and a pillar of her community. You will hear in this podcast how a former foster youth raised in the system from 7 yrs of age to 18 yrs of age, has not only acquired a successful future but how she gives back and help other youths as well. You will learn how having a drug addicted mom and being raised in Compton, California changed her outcome.
What You Will Learn from This Episode:
- Who was her support system.
- You will hear Shakoya get choked up a bit on the impact of how not having her mom impacted her.
- You will learn some of the things she has done as part of her healing journey
- You will learn how important it is to Heal in order to help others
- Why is it important to be a coach that teaches from a place of healing and not only a place from the books?
- Hear how being born and raised in Compton changed the trajectory of her life
- How Shakoya’s determination helped her make it through life
- How many degrees does Shakoya actually have
- She provides a tool you can use to cut the cost for college
- Shakoya shares what type of education you can get to help further you in life
- Erica shares what she had to learn in order to run a successful podcast
- Here how Shakoya was thrown another blow with her health challenges
- Hear how Shakoya received a miracle
- You will learn the resources Shakoya provides within her community
- Shakoya breaks down what the word GRACE means and how it will help you
Powerful Quotes from Podcast
“You can do all things through Christ.”
Sign up for the amazing online coaching program:
Erica Lynn Speaks Membership!
To Find out how to reach Shakoya Green just go to
To learn and grow to your highest potential sign up for your free consultation here.